Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Route 66 and a few corners

So this is the route I'm thinking of taking. This is a rough outline and I don't believe i'll be going in a straight line.


View Larger Map

I do want to hit up the typical tourist places, the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, The Alamo... etc.

Besides that... it's pretty much an open road.  I want to find the best southern fried chicken, eat a kool-aid pickle and maybe find some interesting things along the way.

Pictures will be taken. Food will be eaten. much riding to do, much riding to do.

I still haven't prepped the KLR yet.  I've ordered some hardcases, top cases, bark busters, nerf bars, skid plate, highway pegs and a bunch of little goodies to make it a real adventure bike.  Then again, it's not the bike that makes it an adventure, it's what you do with it. 

I proved that with the Suzuki M50 cruiser... sure i crashed last year, but I stll rode it home. That was an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep.

...Beep.