Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hooked up with a friend, got lubed, went through two rubbers and picked up two new ones.

September 22nd


I currently sit in a starbucks, as the Wifi in my leaky hotel room didn't work in room.  pain in the ass. more on that later. 

The Quality Inn i stayed at was really nice actually. i loved that the hot tub is literally 20 feet from my door.



I woke up and looked online for powersports stores.  Not much online around here. After about an hour searching online I found a Kawasaki dealer 30 miles out of town in Two Rivers.  A 1/2 hour drive won't kill me, and it seems that they have both a front and back tire and an oil change shouldn't be a problem.  Need the oil change pretty bad as I haven't changed it in 6000+ miles and it was a rough start in the morning.
shark fin tires
shark fin traction sucks and hops all over the road (stock @6500 miles)

On a more personal note, I stretched before getting in the shower in the morning and caught a glimpse of something i haven't seen since childhood.  Ribs.  Barely perceptable, but ribs nonetheless. That and a big lump on those ribs.  Time to get that checked out. hah. (no, i don't like looking in the mirror, but when it's pretty much the entire wall in the bathroom, it's hard to avoid)



The shop is called Shambeau and the dudes there are cool.  love small town shops.  they had a few dogs around the shop.  Love that relaxed, yet still professional attitude.  Green bay is like that though...
U.P. bug strikes.  love the lexan additional sheild
my back against the shop, this is what i was looking at.  slow paced indeed. nice.

I bought some Kenda Challengers.  Don't think they are any good, but I gather they are better than my 'Shark Fin' stock tire and my overpriced Shinko piece of crap.
kenda challenger front.  90/100 instead of 90/90.  taller tire but fits.
Kenda rear. also a taller tire 130/90
 While the work was being done on my bike, I shed the spacesuit and sat in the sun outside, writing in my journal.  Odd the things you write in that. Most of the time i don't know what i wrote until i go back and read it.  Already wrote 26 pages, single spaced, small font. heh.  I got a lot of shit in my brain.  Thankfully, i'll save you readers from that quagmire.

It took two hours to complete the work on the bike, meanwhile i sat in the sun, listening to the music coming from the shop and putting pen to paper and scribing my thoughts, aspirations, dreams and thruths.  Let's just say that the journal is 'for my eyes only'. heh.  Shop music is dr feelgood now

Here's the gist of it.  Riding is my therapy.  It's not an 'action' type of thing.  Nothing good willl come out of it, if i don't do anything about it.  Kinda like going to a shrink.  You can spend all kinds of money and time on it, but if you do no action after the fact, it's moot.  shop music is Ironman.
picked up a friend while writing

Riding is hard.  Anyone says it's easy is full of shit.  It's an ardous, testing and it can break you physically and mentally.  Hats off to all adventure riders out there... i'm a chump compared to those guys.

Sitting here in the sun, a little doggy came up to greet me.  It was sniffing around my tank bag beside me looking for a treat. I think it was smelling the Jerky i bought in the U.P., or maybe it was the Tim Horton's cookie i forgot i bought! delicious delicious cookie. shop music is Hells Bells

This is Magpie... Cute little dog.
Magpie!


Molly is a real bitch, and kept hanging around the shop.  She's shy, a little dirty... but we all like dirty bitches, don't we?

Molly is very shy, my camera scared her.

For those who don't know... Green Bay really stands behind their team.  That, and they hate Farve. hah.
all the trucks in town sported the "G" logo. cool.

Felt like coming home even those the weather was great and i'm to meet up with a buddy later.  sometimes it's nice to see a familiar face, a friendly voice... It got me thinking of "Home".  What is home to me these days? is it where my friends and family are? is it where all my possessions are?  I guess home is where you hang your hat.  The only hat i wear is my helmet and my helmet is on my bike.  Essentially, home is where my bike is. hmm.
Memorial.  cool...

Rode around town looking for supplies, stickers and the like.  I'm going to have to buy some bags to strap ontu the top of the bike as i have NO room to pack anything in it. dammit.  I knew i should have planned better, but as I don't know where i'm going, where i'm staying etc, i need to be somewhat preparred for everything.  I may end up shipping stuff home, but what to send back? tire tubes? Tools?  i have only the bare essentials for everything. hah.

Stopped in at a Taco bell @ around 5pm for a snack (and the first thing I ate all day). Mountain Dew berry is pretty freaking great. what's great about Taco Bell? **SPORKS**


I'd love to find a metal Spork!
yo quiro!
Really? srsly?

I was riding around the country roads around Green Bay and saw the Majestic Monarch butterfly cross my path.  Amazing travellers those little buggers.  It's amazing how they can travel long distances from south america to the north, a true traveller.  Trusting it's instincts and it's own nature to move, it does so with instinct.  It doesn't think about turning around and going 'home', it doesn't worry about things it cannot control, it just travels.
Such a majestic and beautiful thing, so much so i wish i could travel that way save for one exception.
If i see something coming 65mph at me, i won't head for it.  The resounding thud off the top of my helmet ended the journey for that ladybird. 

Moral of the story.  Wear a helmet, that bug would have hurt me.

Met up with my online buddy from Xbox, Todd, AKA "Scooby Snax". Went to Lambeau stadium for a pint and burger at Curly's pub.  Good beer, and good burger.  Love that beer cheese topping! delicious. want the recipe.
Lambeau! home of the Packers.  Neat staduim.

Todd Aka "Scooby Snax"  oddly, he looks like Shaggy.
beer cheese burger and slaw at Curlys'. this overlooked the Packer's players parking lot.  cool.  oddly, they aren't flashy up here with their vehicles.  nice...

Got a motel near the stadium which said they had WiFi. Unpacked, got dressed and headed out to the Stadium View bar.  Met up with Todd and his homey Mark... cool dudes...
Needed smokes so they drove me to a gas station which Todd said McLovin might be working. 
It took all i had to NOT laugh my ass off when I bought the smokes.  McLovin was working.  SRSLY!!  he's McLovin's twin.  All i can say is that since Superbad came out, he probably got laid :)

Had some local beers (good) and played pool for a bit. Met Adam who worked the kitchen there.  Cool dude too... hell, most people around here have their head on their shoulders.  Not corrupted like big city people are.

Back at the hotel, the sound of a light waterfall could be heard.  seems the glass ceiling had a few little holes.  The atrium pool room had about 20-30 buckets on the ground from where water was leaking through the glass cieling. hah.  No the best hotel in town... no wifi, leaking, but at least it had a nice comfortable king sized bed in the room.

There are some Mobile pictures on Facebook, I'm too lazy to move them over to here. Just add me to FB you lazy asses. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep.

...Beep.